Powering Up the Portable Traffic Signal Unit
Powering up the Portable Traffic Signal Unit (PTSU) is quick and easy. Follow these simple steps to get started.
Follow the instruction below on how to power the PTL and HRC.
Powering on the PTL
- Power up each PTSU by pressing the power button on the underside of the lantern head, near the battery pack.
- The PTSU will then go through a start-up sequence, or POST (Power On Self Test). Watch the lights to make sure each lantern LED is lit in the sequence: Green, Yellow, Red.
- The rear indicator light will remain on until the POST is complete. When the post is complete, the indicator will turn off.
Powering on the Handheld Remote Control (HRC)
- To power up the HRC, press and hold the power button for three seconds.
- On first use, you’ll need to pair the HRC with each PTSU.
Pairing the PTL and HRC
- Have the device ID of each PTSU ready for. (The device ID can be found on its stem)
- You will also need to know what Operation Mode you will be working in. The three operation modes are:
- Shuttle Mode (Requires two PTSUs)
- Gating Mode (Requires one PTSU)
- Plant Crossing (Requires two PTSUs)
- On the home menu, navigate down to “pairing” and press enter. The HRC will begin searching for PTSUs. (This may take up to 30 seconds)
- Select the PTSU you want to pair and press enter.
- You can choose whether to pair it as PTSU 1 or 2. PTSU 1 is always controlled by the left “go” button on the HRC.
- When you’ve finished pairing PTSUs, you can press the home button to return to the home menu.
To shut down the whole system you must first deactivate the PTSUs then shut down the HRC. All of the commands to shut down are run from the HRC. Note – This will turn off all lights, so don’t shut down during active traffic.
- Start on the Operate Mode screen on the HRC.
- Hold down the Power button for 5 seconds.
- Specify whether you want to deactivate just one, or both PTSUs.
- Select Deactivate on the confirmation screen.
- You will return to the Home screen showing which PTSUs are deactivated.
- Hold the Power button and Home buttons together for 5 seconds to deactivate the PTL.
- Select Deactivate to confirm you want to deactivate the PTSU including the HRC.
- Select Continue on the warning screen
- Finally, switch off each PTSU by pressing the Power button until it clicks and the light goes out.
We recommend charging the PTSU and HRC after each use.
For more information on powering on and off the Portable Traffic Signal Unit, watch the video below. To move on to the next video User Menu Options, click here.